A square step or princess cut blue sapphire is set in a wedding ring band with a saw cut texture.
Carved in wax and then cast in solid precious metal alloys. Each ring is slightly unique as the texture is created by me through hand carving (sawing) each ring.
Inspired by the German wedding tradition of log cutting. After the ceremony is done the bride and groom must cut the log placed on a sawhorse in half, symbolizing their teamwork to show how well they work together to complete the task.
Ring as pictured is about 5 mm (<1/4") wide with a 4 mm sapphire.
Ring can be made with smaller sapphires and narrower ring width. The band it typically 1mm wider than the sapphire to get a secure setting.
Available sapphire size and grade / ring width options:
- 4mm/0.46ct Sapphire/ 5 mm wide band (as pictured), Princess cut Grades AA, A and B, Step Cut Grade A
- 3.5mm/0.31ct Sapphire/ 4.5 mm wide band, Princess cut Grades AA and A , Step Cut Grade A
- 3mm/0.2ct Sapphire/ 4 mm wide band, Princess cut Grades AA, A and B, Step Cut Grade A
See last image for the sapphire grades and cuts.
- B Grade: Dark navy, little or no color zoning; slightly included; good cut
- A Grade: Medium to dark navy, little or no color zoning; slightly included; good brilliance; good cut; good polish
- AA Grade: Medium navy to royal blue; eye clean; good brilliance; good cut; good polish
Available in sizes 4 to 9, larger sizes may vary in price. Please indicate your ring size during checkout.
Ring is available in Sterling Silver, Palladium, White Gold, Yellow Gold, Rose Gold and Platinum
Ring is Made to Order- for the most up-to-date fabrication time frame please check my listed turnaround times below in the footer area.